Log in

No account? Create an account

Americans · Living · In · Australia

Migration Lawyer in Atlanta?

Recent Entries · Archive · Friends · Profile

* * *
Can anyone recommend a lawyer or migration agent in the Atlanta area? I am planning on moving to Australia on a Prospective Spouse Visa, and I need help. I'm also broke so the cheaper, the better.

X-posted to atlanta and americanaussies.
* * *
* * *
[User Picture]
On February 15th, 2009 12:51 pm (UTC), limegreensneaks commented:
You've probably already seen this site: http://www.immi.gov.au/
I'm not sure what you will need a lawyer for, but I've found it easier to just use the website or call their helpline whenever I need visa help.
* * *
On February 22nd, 2009 06:36 am (UTC), territory_gal commented:
Hi there!

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I run a discussion forum community called Yanks Down Under. Many of us have gone through the process of migrating to Oz on partner visas (prospective spouse, spouse, interdependent). Maybe we can help? You're more than welcome to stop by and join!

Australian migration agents are hard to come by outside Australia, but most can work with you wherever you are in the world. If you're in need of professional advice (and broke to boot), you could try the Immigration Rights and Advice Centre in Sydney. Here's their website:

* * *
On June 17th, 2010 10:21 am (UTC), (Anonymous) commented:
Australian Migration lawyer

Hi, my name is John, I am an Australian (NSW) lawyer and my firm specialises in Australian and U. S. immigration law. Our firm handled many Australian Spouse Visa cases.

I am in Sydney now.

If you need help, you can reach me at johns.lee@bigpond.com or at 01161-2-9411-2286.


* * *

Previous Entry · Leave a comment · Share · Next Entry